\m/ 80's metal \m/

Информационно-аналитический форум "80 см пыли" (In Search We Trust) "У нас никто никуда не спешит"
Me For You - http://me-4u.com
It is currently 28 Mar 2024

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Spoiler
Chat - temporary registration for foreign users (please leave your application here)

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2009 
хард н хэвщик (support team)
Lоcаtion: Н.Новгород
Name: Артем
Ищу 4песенное демо аргентинской группы HARDWAY

Lost in this town
Ride on the wind
The way to your heart
No second chance

У меня есть только 4 сэмпла одноминутных в 96 килобитах. Но зато какая Вешщь! Эти ребята - практически единственное, что мне нравится в 200х гг.

Кроме того, есть их другие демки , в количестве 12 штук (спасибо Андрею "Рольфу"), а также песни скачанные с майспейса лидера группы Charlie G

Свистите, кому что-нибудь надо из этого.

Quote:
HARDWAY ‘DEMO CDR’ (DEMO CDR)

All the way from Argentina comes the band HARDWAY, who sent me a demo cdr consisting of 4 tracks. It’s unbelievable but this is actually pure 80s AOR what we get to hear on the demo cdr of HARDWAY. And then I am not talking about some average melodic rockband with guitars upfront and weak choruses, no way! Opener “Lost in this town” is basically pure 80s quality midtempo AOR with keys, hooks and a catchy chorus, with strong influences of BAD ENGLISH, JOURNEY and SHY. Although it isn’t of course a big label recording, you can definitely hear that this band is capable of bringing something interesting here. I even think that if in the future they are able to go into some big studio with a big producer, something special could happen. Especially the fact that they hail from ‘Metal-country’ Argentina is making them very special, and they do play their AOR music very well. The other songs are “Ride on the wind” (semi AOR ballad a la HONEYMOON SUITE), “The way to your heart” (WOW! This is really a beautiful semi AOR ballad in the ALIAS/SIGNAL style, a wet dream for the AOR fans!!!) and “No second chance” (another great semi AOR ballad). Concluded, check it out if you’re an AOR fan, more info through e-mail at: danger_area28@hotmail.com and check out their website at: http://www.hardway.8k.com
(Points: 8.5 out of 10)

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/strutter ... IEWS25.htm

info:
http://www.hardwayweb.com/
http://www.rockeyez.com/reviews/demo/ha ... rdway.html

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 
Немножко информации с лейбла Angelmilk Records
Quote:
12 Ноября 2008

This is one special band, but they are missing one key ingredient to make them truly great. The search continues for a lead singer for their new album, while at the same time song selection continues. A release in 2009 is a certainty, but good things are worth the wait.

Hardway is a young band from Argentina, originally signed to the label a couple of years back on the strength of some demos submitted to label owner Andy Bramhall. Hardway was formed in 2002 by brothers Charlie Giardina (29, bass/vocals) and Eduardo Giardina (25, drums). The band initially recorded two demos and started sending them to different record labels. In 2004 they were spotted by Carbon 13, a melodic rock label based in U.K. and with the addition of Guillermo De Medio (26) on keyboards the band travelled to Runcorn, Cheshire to lay down the tracks for its debut album.

They worked at MasterTone studios under the guidance of producer Pete Coleman (AC/DC, Paradise Lost, Echo And The Bunnymen, The Charlatans and many more). Due to some legal problems within the label the album failed to be released.

At this point the band decided to keep working on new material and headed out to look for a new label. And with the addition of guitarist Javier Viñas (37) and guest percussionist Emiliano Gimenez (21), Hardway recorded a new demo in 2006 and got a call from Angelmilk Records, and they proposed the band to work on a new album, this time with a refreshed sound. The band is currently finishing demos for the album due to be released by Angelmilk Records.

“Basically this will be an AOR album, but each of us has different influences and we intend to have that mixture in the final result”, the band says.

Hardway is a band that will fit into this scene extremely well. Their musical abilities go beyond their years and AOR fans will be pleased to hear their sound has a distinct old-school Toto vibe to it. A release is planned for later this year.
(с) http://angelmilkrecords.co.uk/?p=40

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009 
В поиск добавлено демо 2005г.:

Hardway - Demo 2005

1. Holy Ghost
2. Ride On the Wind
3. Face The Fire

Рецензия 1
This is truly a fantastic band. The songwriting is top notch and the music is clear cut amazing. The band could be compared to a lighter version of Foreigner. The vocals are a mix of Frank DiMino of Angel and Lou Gramm of Foreigner. Rockeyez has been friends with Charlie G. for a few years now, and not only is he a great musician he is also a down to earth person.

All three songs are AOR friendly but the highlight of the three tracks is the arrangements and the soothing voice of Charlie G. It’s funny that in the beginning stages of Hardway they were rehearsing without a vocalist. All they had to do is look under their noses – Charlie was right there, now he has taken over as vocalist. I really don’t know why Charlie did not want to sing lead vocals but I am sure if they had another vocalist it would have been the biggest mistake the band could have ever made.

Charlie is phenomenal and could be one of the best in the music business. “Holy Ghost” is a melodic tune that takes hold of your inner self and just oozes of enjoyment. The breaks in the song are perfection and the chorus is killer. Charlie, come on let us get the full-length CD, you’re teasing us with just three tracks.

Band Lineup:
* Charlie Giardina - Lead & Background Vocals, Bass
* Guillermo De Medio - Keyboards, Programming
* Eduardo Giardina - Drums, Guitars

Track Listing:
1. Holy Ghost
2. Ride On the Wind
3. Face The Fire

(с) http://www.rockeyez.com/reviews/demo/ha ... rdway.html

Рецензия 2
What we have here is a short three track sampler from Argentinean based melodic rock band Hardway, who are now signed to the Runcorn based Carbon 13 label. This sampler serves as an introduction to their recently completed debut album, which is set to be released in the near future

The promo opens with the track Holy Ghost that may very well be familiar to anyone who attended the first Firefest event back in May 2005, as it appeared on the free CD given away at that particular show. The song itself is a piano led track featuring an almost classical opening sequence that then turns into a song reminiscent of Toto in style, but with more of a jazz influence than is noticeable in much of Toto’s work. Vocalist Charlie Giardina is a bit of a find, coming across as akin to a mix of Fergie Fredickension and Steve Overland and the excellent guitar solo, courtesy of Eduardo Giardina showcases his six string talent to the max, starting off acoustically and then taking flight as it builds.

Second track in, 'Ride On The Wind' is more up-tempo track but once again the name of Toto springs to mind on listening out for influences on Hardway's music. This is one track that would arguably be a great driving number and one that is powered along by simple rhythm guitars and a catchy bridge. And is IMO the best track on this sampler.

Rounding out this short affair is 'Face The Fire', a song that kicks off with some Van Halenesque (or should that read Van Hagaresque?) inspired keyboard and then about turns into cool laid back number that has that West Coast - Survivor type feel with great vocal interplay.

In short this sampler has wetted this reviewers appetite for the full album when it arrives and showcases thee excellent Toto style songs. Don’t just take my word for, check it out for yourselves as a sample of these tracks can be found at http://www.hardwayweb.com and as Toto’s next album is not due till next year Hardway may just fill the gap till then.

(с) http://web.archive.org/web/200711300522 ... ardway.htm

Интервью
Charlie G - Hardway

Interview By Dougie

Hardway are an Argentinean band that recently signed to UK based label Carbon 13 and have just finished recording their debut album for the label, under the auspices of produced Pete Coleman, at the Mastertone studios in Runcorn. Armed with a 3 track sampler from the as-yet unreleased album Dougie caught up with vocalist/bassist Charlie G for a chat about all thing Hardway.

First off, for our readers who may not have heard of Hardway, would you care to introduce yourself and the other members of the band
There’s me (Charlie G) on lead vocals and bass; my brother Eduardo Giardina on drums (he also recorded all guitar parts on the band’s album) and Guillermo De Medio on keyboards and programming.

How did a band from Argentina get signed by a UK label?
We got a message from Graham Woodcock from Carbon 13 saying that he had listened to some audio samples online, and that he wanted to bring us over to the U.K. to record the band’s debut album. By that time we had already began to work on the album in Argentina but after Graham’s message we stopped and headed off to Runcorn !

How did you find the recording experience in the UK in the middle of winter, especially when compared with being at home at that time of the year?
We didn’t have much time to pay attention to the cold weather since we spent lots of time inside the recording studio working with producer Pete Coleman. Anyway, we had a couple of days off and so we took the opportunity to look around a bit . And I must say it’s a very beautiful place. And the people were also awfully nice to us. We had a great time over there. I hope we can come back soon !

The album was recorded at Mastertone, a studio that is co-owned by former Quest keyboard player Graham Woodcock. Did Graham help with the keyboard sounds employed on the album in anyway, and had you heard the Quest CD's?
He helped us a lot in every way. He knows a lot about music, plus he’s a very experienced guy. Graham has become a real friend to us ! And yes, we listened to The Quest albums and we were blown away instantly !!! Great band. And while we were there recording the album we got the chance to meet their drummer Andy Coffey too !

Listening to the three track sampler, and from a personal perspective, I think the band sound a lot like Toto, which is by no means a bad thing. Would you agree with this statement and who else do you think has influences Hardway's sound?
Thanks a lot !!! We’re big Toto fans actually, and I think Hardway is very influenced by their music. But that depends on each song really, for example, during “Face The Fire” you can tell there’s a Mr. Mister influence behind it, whether “Ride On The Wind” has a more Starshipesque vein to it. We like to listen to all kinds of stuff and when it comes to working on new songs we try to add all that information into them, hoping something good comes out of that !!!

As a vocalist, who are your own personal heroes and influences, Fergie Frederiksen by chance?
Yes, Fergie is great. But there’re also so many others awesome vocalists that I love to listen to like Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Mickey Thomas, Terry Brock, Bobby Kimball … I think I could go on forever … If it weren’t for their inspiration I think I wouldn’t have started singing in the first place ! Listening to those guys makes you want to practice and become a better singer every day !

Prior to recording this album has the band released any other material at home in Argentina, and if so in what style?
Individually we usually work with other artists as well. But as a band, this will be Hardway’s first release.

Just how much of a melodic rock scene is there in Argentina?
Not much, I’m afraid. Most people have a tendency to listen to other kind of music. The bands that play this type of stuff usually have a hard time trying to get a record label over here.

Does Hardway get much a chance to perform live and if so, as a three piece outfit do you expand the line up for live shows?
Unfortunately we haven’t been able to find a permanent guitarist yet. The ones that would match with the band style are busy with their own projects at the moment but I’m confident we’ll find the right man for the job soon. The good thing is that we know great guitarists who told us that they’d gladly play with Hardway as guests musicians should the band go on tour or anything like that. That’s very relieving in a way. But we rather keep going after a permanent band member.

As I have only managed to listen to a three track sampler at this time, when is the full album planned to be released as I would love to hear the rest of the record?
Well, we’re not 100% sure yet, but the album should be released by the end of 2005 or next year.

Once the CD is out do Carbon 13 have any plans to bring you over to play in the UK as I think an appearance at a future shows such as Firefest would do you guys a lot of good in terms of exposure to British & European fans?
We’d really love that. Playing at Firefest next to the fantastic artists that usually perform there would be an honor to us. Who knows, maybe we’ll get that chance after the album is released !

Lastly any messages you like to send out to the readers of HardRockHouse.Com
I’d like to thank you all for your support. Your kind words is what always keeps us going. And of course, a big thanks to the guys at HardRockHouse.Com for the interview !!! See ya all soon !!!

Many thanks to Charlie for taking the time to talk to HardRockHouse.Com. To find out more about Hardway you can visit their website at http://www.hardwayweb.com or the Carbon 13 site at http://www.carbon13.co.uk

(с) http://web.archive.org/web/200705052008 ... ardway.htm

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009 
McKagan wrote:
Кроме того, есть их другие демки , в количестве 12 штук

как-то само собой залились :vic:

Hardway - Demos 2006 [192]

1 - Face The Fire
2 - Can't Stop Falling
3 - Holy Ghost
4 - I Wanna Know
5 - Lost In This Town
6 - Now She's Gone
7 - Rescue Me
8 - Ride On The Wind
9 - The Way To Your Heart
10 - Wasted Time
11 - Until The Day...

http://ifolder.ru/13162410

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 
спасибки за демки уходят kissmar'y :true:

Hardway (Argentina) - Demo 2004 [192].rar

Lost in this town
Ride on the wind
The way to your heart
No second chance

для примера сэмпл - пропитанный от и до 80-ми :true: :true: :true:

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009 
*** Умер ***
Lоcаtion: Санкт-Петербург
Name: Кирилл
:thanx: Напомнило Вайтснэйк :meloman:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009 
Хиппей (support team)
Lоcаtion: Киев (Kyiv, UA)
Name: Andrey
McKagan wrote:
Hardway (Argentina) - Demo 2004

Явно я не в настроении...
Альбом - тоска болотная :bore:

Profile E-mail  

Scatterbrain wrote:
Альбом - тоска болотная :bore:

не твоё :crazy:

Хиппей (support team)
Ну да, скорее всего. Легковесно очень :pardon:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 
Хиппей (support team)
Scatterbrain wrote:
Альбом - тоска болотная

И еще раз переслушал. Хм, чуть получше стал. Но всё равно проходняк :pardon: Но явно для аргентинской группы уровень таки неплохой.
Жаль вот клавишные редко использует коллектив, они насыщенные, были бы ой как тему.

Profile E-mail  

Нет, не проходняк. Не могу согласиться.

Хиппей (support team)
Проходняк по-любасу. Очень ровный альбом, как полено (безжизненное). До настоящего Буратины ему еще далеко :pardon:

Profile E-mail  

ну, а я вот например никогда не оцениваю трэш альбомы, только потому что в нём не рублю.
Кроме того, я практически никогда вообще не выставляю низких оценок альбомам , а те, что оцениваю - в 95% это мои фавориты. Эта группа - из числа фаворитов. Очень сильные песни, из них рвется жизненный поток, энергетика.
Ты какой-нибудь демке немецких студентов-металлистов, которые были известны только в небольшом микрорайоне своего родного города, и продали 10 экземпляров своих аудиокассет, поставишь 100 баллов, а я сходу назову это фуфлом. И безусловно буду прав. :pardon:

Хиппей (support team)
Не, Артём, я обычно высоким баллом оцениваю оригинально исполненную музыку, запоминающуюся. Или просто качественно сделанную, с душой, пусть и вторичную. И главное - активную, без соплей и стенаний.
А вот эти аргентинцы чем оригинальны? Тем что они не из США, и неплохо исполняют мелодик хард? :vic:

Profile E-mail  

музыка с душой. наполняет жизнью. :dance: этого достаточно?

Хиппей (support team)
Да нету там души. Ну я так точно не слышу-вижу
Ок, подождём пока еще кто-то выскажется.
Кириллу вон вообще альбом напомнил Вайтснэйк :crazy:

Profile E-mail  

Scatterbrain wrote:
Ну я так точно не слышу

вот ты и ответил объективно. :pardon: за сим не вижу перспектив мусолить давно избитые темы.

Хиппей (support team)
Не слышу, не значит, что она там есть :smile:

Завтра миник еще заценю. Обычно они больше впечатляют.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009 
Не слышишь души , - значит "не твоя" эта музыка. Кто-то в зеппелинах души не чает, а я не понимаю такого трепета к этой группе.
Восприятие любого творчества, вообще, дело очень и очень субъективное. Пусть кто-то отпишется еще о демках. И даже если напишет , что музон не фонтан, и фуета полная, моё-то мнение о группе точно не изменится :crazy:

и ваще, Андрей, перестань уже троллить, :crazy: тебе 4 десяток, а споришь о музыке как 15летний пацанёнок :fingal:

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009 
Хиппей (support team)
Хи, заметь, я своё мнение не навязывал и не спорил.
Кстати, по теме, например. Вот щас слушаю Форинер и совершенно не понимаю, что в этой группе интересного :vic:

Profile E-mail