\m/ 80's metal \m/

Информационно-аналитический форум "80 см пыли" (In Search We Trust) "У нас никто никуда не спешит"
Me For You - http://me-4u.com
It is currently 25 Apr 2024

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Spoiler
Chat - temporary registration for foreign users (please leave your application here)

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2015 
Персональный статус
Lоcаtion: Russia (Bryansk)
Name: Michael
Artist: Split Image
Release: Sign Of Aggression, 1994
Genre: Hard Rock / Heavy Metal
Bitrate: 320 kbps
Cloud Mail
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Group on Facebook and official website.

Bio
SPLIT IMAGE has been on the club scene in South Florida since the mid 80’s. They have played to numerous crowds from all types of music backgrounds with a huge success. Starting in Coral Springs in the late 70’s playing school talent shows, battle of the bands, July 4th celebrations and of course many parties and events, they developed a strong following locally.

When it was time to play in the club scene they were extremely popular locally and also had a huge success with competitions such as Yamaha Talent Search and the Summer Showdown at the Button South knocking out countless acts from many different states at these competitions. They shared the stage with many big acts such as SURVIVOR, KANSAS, PAT TRAVERS, BLACKFOOT, HURRICANE, STRANGER, FOGHAT, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, STEELHEART, LOVE ON ICE, and BLACK OAK ARKANSAS to name a few. With this success of touring came the large following of fans that came and deserved a great rock and roll show.

Split Image always delivered. In August of 1993 they were signed by Anamaze Records which is a subsidiary of Island Records. Split Image went in to Criteria Recording Studios in Miami to record the Sign of Aggression cd. After the sessions came to a halt under the direction from Anamaze Records CEO Stan Cohen and along with Cosmo Ohms, Split Image was forced to finish the sessions on their own due to the Anamaze label claiming bankruptcy.

They were then “shelved” so to speak. Nonetheless, Split Image continued to play locally as their fan base grew enormously after each and every show. They were then shopped to other companies and were picked up by Columbia Records for a short time. Until now, thanks to RETROSPECT RECORDS, these sessions never saw the light of day on cd as deserved.

These recordings signify the power and solidify the strength of music that Split Image has. The catchy riffs and powering vocals always seem to catch everyones attention when listening to their music. I am sure you will agree that Split Image music lives on today and will for many more years to come. After the release of this cd, the members have decided it is time to return to the stage.

A new cd is also in the works with all new material. 2009 has now shed light on a new SPLIT IMAGE. After the release of Sign Of Aggression the spark has been lit again. Original founder and guitarist Scott Winslow has now teamed up with original bassist Mark Wieduwilt, vocalist Johnny Diamond, and drummer Nick Roy from the pre-Split Image days of Red Alert. This lineup also included original guitarist Tony Laskody.

These sessions took place for a few months of the year until Laskody was replaced by Keyboardist/ Guitarist Steve Kaminer in mid 2009. Kaminer brings a new sound to Split Image with the addition of Keyboards never used before in the band. This lineup has been playing standing room only shows since October ’09 and prove to be one of the hottest bands around.

Several projects are in the future including a new CD along with sold out shows. This is the band you want to check out. As of Spring 2012 there are exciting new developments from the Split Image camp….

Scott Rollyson has rejoined for the new CD from Retrospect along with Randy Van Patten on drums. There are gigs booked for June through August and a followup CD planned for release by Fall 2012 from Retrospect Records.
from melodic-hardrock.com

Line-Up
Scott Yson - Vocals
Scott Winslow - Lead Guitar, Vocals
Tracy Austin - Guitar, Vocals
Mark Wieduwilt - Bass, Vocals
Randy Van Patten - Drums, Vocals

Additional Musicians:
Johnny Diamond - Vocals Tracks 11, 12
Nick Cortese - Drums Tracks 5, 7, 8, 12
Mayer Shabetay - Drums Track 3
Smitty - Guitar Tracks 5,7