\m/ 80's metal \m/

Информационно-аналитический форум "80 см пыли" (In Search We Trust) "У нас никто никуда не спешит"
Me For You - http://me-4u.com
It is currently 19 Apr 2024

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Spoiler
Chat - temporary registration for foreign users (please leave your application here)

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008 
А может смените мне статус?..
Собственно ищу эти альбомы Le Roux (желательно в 320):

1980 - Up
1982 - Last Safe Place
1983 - So Fired Up

Заранее спасибо !!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008 
Хиппей (support team)
Lоcаtion: Киев (Kyiv, UA)
Name: Andrey
Stateman wrote:
1983 - So Fired Up

Этот в децлике явно в 320, остальные примерно в 128-192. Постепенно, очень постепенно, скачаю :fingal:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008 
Хиппей (support team)
Le Roux - 1983 - So Fired Up [320] - vinyl

Genre: Hard Rock/Prog/Blues
Size: 95.61 Мb

Line-up:
Leon Medica - Bass, Background Vocals
Tony Haselden - Guitars, Lead and Background Vocals
Fergie Frederiksen - Lead and Background Vocals
Jim Odom - Guitars, Background Vocals
Rod Roddy - Keyboards, Background Vocals
David Peters - Drums, Percussion, Background Vocals
David Pack - Background Vocals (on Turning Point and Carrie's Gone)
    1. So Fired Up - 04:10
    2. Lifeline - 05:05
    3. Let Me In - 04:00
    4. Yours Tonight - 03:50
    5. Line on Love - 03:20
    6. Carrie's Gone - 03:25
    7. Wait One Minute - 04:05
    8. Turning Point - 03:57
    9. Don't Take It Away - 03:15
    10. Look Out - 04:04

TPT: 41:34

iFolder

Альбом строго рекомендован для прослушивания Сергею, Кириллу, Артёму, и конечно же, Алексею, который и заказывал эту прекрасную работу.
Самое интересное, что за 25 лет музыка группы совершенно не устарела. А клавишные это сверх-успешная находка в данном коллективе :meloman:

PS. Рип с довольно таки востребованного винила, что особо красит саунд и придаёт ему... Да просто охренеть что :pardon:
Quote:
RCA Press Release

When Creole chefs combine a number of mouth-watering ingredients to form a rich gravy base, the resulting sauce is called a "roux." Hailing from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the band known as LeRoux more than lives up to their name with a music that's strong, tasty and fulfilling.

So Fired Up is LeRoux's second album for RCA, following last year's Last Safe Place, which included the singles "Addicted" and "Nobody Said It Was Easy." Last Safe Place and their new album So Fired Up were both produced by bassist Leon Medica.

The members of LeRoux were playing together for some time before combining their talents as a formal band. Leon Medica, David Peters, Rod Roddy, Bobby Campo, and Jeff Pollard all worked in the house band at Studio in the Country, a major recording facility located in Bogalusa, Louisiana. Medica, a staff producer, led them in backing up such artists as Clifton Chenier and Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown. For a while, they would tour with Gatemouth half the week and devote the other half to their own music, eventually organizing as the Jeff Pollard Band. In 1976 they backed Brown on a tour of Africa sponsored by the United States State Department.

Tony Haselden was recruited as the band's guitarist shortly after the group was awarded their first recording contract in 1977. Changing their name to "Louisiana's LeRoux" (they used the State's name both for local identification and for legal reasons—another band was already using the name LeRoux), they released their debut album named after the group in 1978. A hit single, "New Orleans Ladies," made the national top 40 and climbed higher still in several markets. Subsequent albums were titled Keep The Fire Burnin' and Up.

In 1981, after building a solid reputation thanks to their albums and a tortuous touring schedule that had them on the road three quarters of each year, LeRoux—no need for "Louisiana's" any more—was signed to RCA.

The departure of two founding members, Jeff Pollard and Bobby Campo, to pursue other interests has resulted in the addition of a new lead singer and lead guitarist. Jim Odom, lead guitarist, is from the band's hometown of Baton Rouge. Jim attended Boston's prestigious Berklee School of Music on a scholarship sponsored by the jazz journal Down Beat. Back in Baton Rouge, Jim formed a Jazz-Rock fusion band that bears the distinction of being "...the first Asia. When the super group that had been put together decided that they wanted to use that name, they had to square things with us, because we were already registered with it."

Dennis "Fergie" Frederiksen, now LeRoux's lead singer, was living in Los Angeles when manager Budd Carr contacted him about auditioning for the opening spot in LeRoux.

Fergie hails from Grand Rapids, Michigan. He was on a gymnastic scholarship at Central Michigan University. "At the same time I was going to college, I was working in a band. I'd drive 99 miles to make a club date, and then have to be back in class at eight the next morning." Music won out, with Fergie moving to Chicago and joining a band called Trillion.

"Not only does the addition of Fergie and Jim extend the strength of LeRoux's already-powerful recorded sound and stage show, there's an added bonus," says Leon. "The fact that Fergie is a lead singer, and not someone who doubles on an instrument, focuses the band visually in a way we didn't have before. Of course, Jim's strength as a player will add its own dimension. We were looking for that kind of thing when we were auditioning musicians."

Past performances have proven LeRoux as highly regarded songwriters and as one of the most accomplished bands around, with a particularly strong following in the southeastern part of the country. Their television appearances include "Solid Gold" and their video of "Addicted" reached heavy rotation on MTV.

The future promises to be even more exciting. Leon speaks confidently of a "team effort that's really happening," and of LeRoux's "well-rounded chemistry."

And what could be more important to a tasty roux than the well-rounded chemistry of a diverse blend of proven Ingredients?
http://www.laleroux.com/HTMLPages/Disco ... redup.html

Profile E-mail  

Почётный металлург
Lоcаtion: Хабаровск
Name: чуть выше
Scatterbrain wrote:
Альбом строго рекомендован для прослушивания Сергею, Кириллу, Артёму, и конечно же, Алексею

Скорее Артёму ;)

хард н хэвщик (support team)
Lоcаtion: Н.Новгород
Name: Артем
Sergei wrote:
Скорее Артёму

пока не слушал, отпишусь попозже :meloman:

Хиппей (support team)
Sergei wrote:
Скорее Артёму ;)

Хм, а тебе не понравилося альбом? :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008 
Почётный металлург
Не-а. Сужу по первому альбому, других не было. Чот не дошел тот опус. Какой-то попсовый. Я и Praying Mantis не люблю по этой же причине.

Хиппей (support team)
Хм, значит мне просто под настроение попал альбом :pardon:

Profile E-mail  

Почётный металлург
Скорей всего.
А может этот по-мощнее или по-жёсче по сравнению с первым, не знаю. Я его даже с компа удалил, место жалко было.

Хиппей (support team)
Хм, не пойму сам, зачем скачал, прослушал и залил этот альбом... :oops:
Группа еще не распалась, но уже играет здесь достаточно занудный АОР на блюз-роковой основе. Или наоборот - блюз рок с АОР-овскими ходами.

Le Roux - 1999 - Ain't Nothing But A Gris Gris [192]

Genre: AOR/Blues Rock
Size: 52.94 Мb

Line-up:
Leon Medica - Bass
Tony Haselden - Guitar
David Peters - Drums
Rod Roddy - Keyboards
Jim Odom - Guitar
Randy Knaps - Lead Vocals
Boo Pourciau - Drums, Background Vocals
Nelson Blanchard - Keyboards, Background Vocals
Mark Duthu - Percussion
    1. Loves Gotta Hold On Me - 03:57
    2. My Heaven Can't Wait - 04:09
    3. Everything That I Love - 03:08
    4. Nothing But A Gris Gris - 04:08
    5. Slippin' Again - 03:26
    6. French Quarter Moon - 03:57
    7. Closing In On You - 05:07
    8. Bayou Lullaby - 02:42
    9. Your Always Right - 03:39
    10. I'll Be Over You - 03:42

TPT: 37:56

iFolder
Quote:
After nearly two decades out of the spotlight (their most recent release, So Fired Up, had been issued some 16 years earlier in 1983), the re-formed Le Roux convened co-founders Leon Medica (bass), Tony Haselden (guitar), David Peters (drums), and Rod Roddy (keyboards) along with 1981 recruit Jim Odom (guitar) and latest additions Nelson Blanchard (keyboards, vocals) and Boo Pourciau (drums, vocals). The time off and influx of talent net Le Roux one of their overall best efforts. Prominent and welcome are the return of exceptional material and the departure from the hair metal style they had evolved into. "Love's Gotta Hold On Me" unleashes the affair with a thick and gumbo-fied backbeat, strutting eagerly behind a full-bodied Bayou setting in Roddy's R&B organ inflections and the malleable rhythm section of Medica and Pourciau. The results lie somewhere between "classic" Little Feat and the Meters. Better still is the infectiously fun chorus and syncopated bounce driving "My Heaven Can't Wait." Medica's ballad "Everything That I Love" is an unquestionable return to vintage Le Roux, with traces of their signature "New Orleans Ladies" surfacing in the songwriting and melody. They return to the sound of the swamps on the project's title track, "Nothing But a Gris Gris." While not quite as playful as the reading Le Roux had previously worked up -- heard as a supplementary side on the expanded edition of the Keep the Fire Burnin' CD -- it remains a thoroughly scintillating ride. Medica's "Closing In On You" is another impressive rocker with a distinct Cajun-flavored bop simmering just below the inoculably funky tune. "Your Always Right" (sic) increases the tempo a notch with the loosest and most soulful groove on the album. While lyrically it is no great shakes, the performers hit a pocket that would be a perfect candidate for further exploration in the unrestrained forum of a live show. Blanchard closes 2000's Ain't Nothing But a Gris Gris with his own heartfelt tale of enduring love on "I'll Be Over You" -- focusing on his considerable and multifaceted presence.
~ Lindsay Planer, All Music Guide

Profile E-mail  

Из каких таких закромов ты его вытащил ??? :shok:

Вобщем, ОГРОМНОЕ спасибо Андрюш !!! И за 83-й, и за качество, и особенно за "виниловый рип " !!! :dance: :meloman: :thanx:

Scatterbrain wrote:
Хм, не пойму сам, зачем скачал, прослушал и залил этот альбом... :oops:
Группа еще не распалась, но уже играет здесь достаточно занудный АОР на блюз-роковой основе. Или наоборот - блюз рок с АОР-овскими ходами.

Le Roux - 1999 - Ain't Nothing But A Gris Gris [192]

Genre: AOR/Blues Rock
Size: 52.94 Мb

Line-up:
Leon Medica - Bass
Tony Haselden - Guitar
David Peters - Drums
Rod Roddy - Keyboards
Jim Odom - Guitar
Randy Knaps - Lead Vocals
Boo Pourciau - Drums, Background Vocals
Nelson Blanchard - Keyboards, Background Vocals
Mark Duthu - Percussion
    1. Loves Gotta Hold On Me - 03:57
    2. My Heaven Can't Wait - 04:09
    3. Everything That I Love - 03:08
    4. Nothing But A Gris Gris - 04:08
    5. Slippin' Again - 03:26
    6. French Quarter Moon - 03:57
    7. Closing In On You - 05:07
    8. Bayou Lullaby - 02:42
    9. Your Always Right - 03:39
    10. I'll Be Over You - 03:42

TPT: 37:56
iFolder
Quote:
After nearly two decades out of the spotlight (their most recent release, So Fired Up, had been issued some 16 years earlier in 1983), the re-formed Le Roux convened co-founders Leon Medica (bass), Tony Haselden (guitar), David Peters (drums), and Rod Roddy (keyboards) along with 1981 recruit Jim Odom (guitar) and latest additions Nelson Blanchard (keyboards, vocals) and Boo Pourciau (drums, vocals). The time off and influx of talent net Le Roux one of their overall best efforts. Prominent and welcome are the return of exceptional material and the departure from the hair metal style they had evolved into. "Love's Gotta Hold On Me" unleashes the affair with a thick and gumbo-fied backbeat, strutting eagerly behind a full-bodied Bayou setting in Roddy's R&B organ inflections and the malleable rhythm section of Medica and Pourciau. The results lie somewhere between "classic" Little Feat and the Meters. Better still is the infectiously fun chorus and syncopated bounce driving "My Heaven Can't Wait." Medica's ballad "Everything That I Love" is an unquestionable return to vintage Le Roux, with traces of their signature "New Orleans Ladies" surfacing in the songwriting and melody. They return to the sound of the swamps on the project's title track, "Nothing But a Gris Gris." While not quite as playful as the reading Le Roux had previously worked up -- heard as a supplementary side on the expanded edition of the Keep the Fire Burnin' CD -- it remains a thoroughly scintillating ride. Medica's "Closing In On You" is another impressive rocker with a distinct Cajun-flavored bop simmering just below the inoculably funky tune. "Your Always Right" (sic) increases the tempo a notch with the loosest and most soulful groove on the album. While lyrically it is no great shakes, the performers hit a pocket that would be a perfect candidate for further exploration in the unrestrained forum of a live show. Blanchard closes 2000's Ain't Nothing But a Gris Gris with his own heartfelt tale of enduring love on "I'll Be Over You" -- focusing on his considerable and multifaceted presence.
~ Lindsay Planer, All Music Guide

Так ведь творчество оно ж не безгранично, да и год уже не 83-й на дворе ))) ;)

а остальные альбомы уже собрали? :crazy:
http://laleroux.com/HTMLPages/discography.html

Хиппей (support team)
Stateman wrote:
Так ведь творчество оно ж не безгранично

Угу, согласен. Но в таких случаях группа просто обязана менять название :pardon: (это лишь моё мнение), тобы не возникало неправильных ассоциаций :fingal:

Profile E-mail  

Хиппей (support team)
McKagan wrote:
а остальные альбомы уже собрали? :crazy:

Да, кроме двух первых в нормальном качестве :pardon:

Profile E-mail  

http://kissmarthree.blogspot.com/2008/1 ... -rock.html
здесь 1982, но битрейт скорее всего 192

Хиппей (support team)
Спасибо, Артём.
Но я сейчас точно качать-проверять не буду. Некуда опять :fingal:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2008 
Спасибо !!!

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2008 
Хиппей (support team)
Le Roux - 2000 - AOR Live [192]

Genre: AOR
Size: 75.13 Мb

1. Last Safe Place - 03:21
    2. You Know How Those Boys Are - 03:04
    3. You Got It All - 03:53
    4. Can't You See It In Her Eyes - 04:25
    5. Addicted - 03:36
    6. Let Me Be Your Fantasy - 03:42
    7. Mystery - 04:04
    8. I Know Trouble When I See It - 03:57
    9. Waiting For Your Love - 03:27
    10. Crying Inside - 03:22
    11. Life Line - 04:23
    12. Line On Love - 03:26
    13. Don't Stand In My Way - 04:25
    14. Look Out - 04:53

TPT: 53:58

iFolder

Хороший концерт. Нескучный и достаточно ракиндрольный :dance:
Слушаю его, зачем-то, уже две недели :dash:

Quote:
LeRoux's Album Oriented Rock ("AOR"), albums were popular in Europe and Japan in the early 1980s and are still the benchmark by which others in the genre are judged. This CD contains songs from LeRoux's classic AOR albums Up and Last Safe Place featuring Jeff Pollard on vocals, and So Fired Up featuring Fergie Frederiksen on vocals.

Selections featuring Jeff from the Up years are "Let Me Be Your Fantasy," "Mystery," "I Know Trouble When I See It," "Waiting For Your Love," and "Crying Inside;" and from the Last Safe Place years, "The Last Safe Place On Earth," "You Know How Those Boys Are," and "Addicted," as well as the never-released "You Got It All" and "Can't You See It In Her Eyes."

Fergie is featured from the So Fired Up years on "Lifeline," "Line On Love," "Look Out," and the never-released "Don't Stand In My Way."

This CD has been studio enhanced.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2009 
Stateman wrote:
1980 - Up

этот и все остальные здесь: http://hardrockcity.b1.jcink.com/index. ... entry56058